Released January, 2008
The Pros:Radio stations sound clear and vibrant, better than on an OEM stereo. Good information display for MP3s, shows artist, album, song, and more. A 2Gb USB thumb drive loads quickly, will be hearing music in seconds.
The Cons:Can't shut off faceplate warning beep when ignition turned off. Control knob is fairly stiff, easy to select something by accident. No simple one-push preset buttons for radio stations.
The Sony CDX-GT920U is a 4 channel 52 watt car audio receiver released by Sony in 2009. It has a front AUX input, a rear USB input, three preamp outputs, and the ability to add HD or Satellite radio control modules, giving users a lot of options for expanding the unit's head functionality.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has a very usable interface and menu structure to find songs. It doesn't support the iPod's proprietary file format though, users will have to purchase a $50 cable for that. There is a built in amplifier that makes the sounds pretty loud, and sounds can be tweaked with the 3-band parametric equalizer and its seven preset curves. This piece competes with the 4 channel 50 watt Kenwood KDC-HD942U that has the same price.
- CD player with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/52 peak x 4 channels)
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and ATRAC3plus music files
- Fold-down, detachable face with color dot-matrix display
- Quick-BrowZer feature allows search by genre, artist, or album — Jump function which skips through all files in 10% steps
- Remote control
- EQ3 Stage 2 (seven preset tone curves and a 3-band parametric equalizer)
- Dynamic Soundstage Organizer 2 — adds presence and life to your music
- Compatible with optional Sony iPod adapter, HD Radio tuner, satellite radio, CD changer
- Inputs: rear USB input, front-panel auxiliary input
User Reviews (2)
radio stations sound clear and vibrant, better than on an OEM stereo
good information display for MP3s, shows artist, album, song, and more
a 2Gb USB thumb drive loads quickly, will be hearing music in seconds
shuffle options allow shuffling of entire USB drive or just a folder
can't shut off faceplate warning beep when ignition turned off
control knob is fairly stiff, easy to select something by accident
no simple one-push preset buttons for radio stations
You may also like...