Released May, 2008
The Pros:Nice controls for CD/DVD playback, easy to work with. Display s bright and sharp, makes video easy to watch. Touch panel is responsive and well designed, don't have to keep selecting things.
The Cons:No station preset buttons on the front panel, a bit awkward to switch while driving. Going through the settings can be a long and involved process, more awkward than necessary.
The Panasonic CQ-VX100U is an in-dash DVD receiver with a motorized 7" widescreen LCD touch-panel monitor that slides out when the car is turned on and has a partially detachable faceplate.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The receiver features a built-in amp that provides 80 watts of RMS power and includes Dolby ProLogic and DTS decoders for high performance sound. It supports DVD, DivX, CD, CD-R/RW, and MP3 playback formats and has a 3-band SQ3 equalizer and built-in AM/FM tuner. The CQ-VX100U is compatible with iPod adapters, Satellite Radio and can also be connected to a CD changer. It also has a rearview camera input and can be used with the optional Bluetooth hands-free kit to take phone calls. The receiver required double-DIN mounting and comes with a 1 year limited warranty. The CQ-VX100U is more advanced than Panasonic's CQ-VW100U since it includes the ignition-linked monitor extension/retraction and detachable faceplate features which the CQ-VW100U lacks.
- In-dash motorized DVD receiver
- Ignition-linked monitor extension/retraction
- Partially detachable faceplate
- Built-in amp (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 7" Widescreen touchpanel LCD monitor with tilt function
- Double-DIN (4" tall) dash mounting
- 3-band SQ3 equalizer
- DVD, DivX, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 playback
- Dolby ProLogic and DTS decoders
- AM/FM tuner
- Compatible with iPod adapter, Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, CD changer
- Inputs: 1 x Front A/V, 2 x Rear A/V, 1 x Rearview camera input
- Outputs: A/V output, 5-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, and sub)
- Dimensions: 7'' x 3-15/16'' x 6.5"
- 1 year limited warranty
User Reviews (1)
nice controls for CD/DVD playback, easy to work with
display s bright and sharp, makes video easy to watch
touch panel is responsive and well designed, don't have to keep selecting things
strong enough output for after-market speakers, don't really need an external amp
lots of inputs and outputs for later expansion
no station preset buttons on the front panel, a bit awkward to switch while driving
going through the settings can be a long and involved process, more awkward than necessary
You may also like...