Released September, 2005
The Pros:Sound output is strong, detailed and very clear. Pre-outs output a clean signal ideal for most amps. Compressed files play back sounding detailed and filled out.
The Cons:Skipping through tracks on a CD is a slow process, needs to read each track for 4 seconds before it will move on. Takes a long time to work through folders of MP3s. Takes at least 10 seconds to read ID3 tags from each song.
The Kenwood KDV-412 is a high-end DVD/WMA/MP3 receiver complete with external media control. It is very important to note that the KDV-412 does not include a display screen to watch DVD's and videos but merely plays DVD video content and transmits a fixed level audio and video signal to compatible back seat monitors (Kenwood LZ-702IR with a built-in IR transmitter).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The KDV-412 also features support for iPod compatibility, a front AUX input, and is Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, and HD Radio ready (Device add-ons sold seperately). It is dual zone (NTSC/PAL) capable, and supports Dolby Digital audio. The KDV-412 also includes 3 4V RCA Pre-outs for audio hardware expansions. The Kenwood KDV-412 was released in September, 2005 and has an MSRP of $549.99.
- Stylish GUI interface with various selectable color illuminations of the buttons and front panel
- Satellite Radio, HD Radio, and Bluetooth ready (Device add-ons Sold-seperately)
- DVD/WMA/MP3 file format support
- Capable of streaming a fixed audio and video IR signal to compatible back seat monitors
- Dual Zone Compatibility (NTSC/PAL)
- Dolby Digital Audio
- Fast iPod audio/video access with high-speed iPod control
- 3 Sets of 4V RCA pre-outs (F/R/Sub)
- Included Remote control
- Release Date: September, 2005
- MSRP: $549.99
User Reviews (1)
sound output is strong, detailed and very clear
pre-outs output a clean signal ideal for most amps
compressed files play back sounding detailed and filled out
skipping through tracks on a CD is a slow process, needs to read each track for 4 seconds before it will move on
takes a long time to work through folders of MP3s
takes at least 10 seconds to read ID3 tags from each song
controls are a little over-simplified, take a little time to get used to them
You may also like...