Released January, 2009
The Pros:Preamps for front, rear and subs rated at 4 volts work perfectly with after-market amps. Good interface with storage devices through the USB port. CD player handles extremely scratched discs well.
The Cons:Owner's manual is very complex and confusing. Easy to select the wrong function while driving.
The Kenwood KDC-X493 is a mid-grade in dash CD receiver designed to provide a more entertaining experience for users while they are in their automobile. It's more specifically designed for consumers looking for a receiver packed with extra features that retails for a much cheaper price.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The KDC-X493 features of course full CD/CD-R/RW support with full MP3 and WMA compatible file formats, a theft deterrent removable faceplate, a remote control, three 4.0v pre-outs, a 3 band parametric equalizer, a front AUX input, and a front USB 2.0 port for support with thumb drives.
The Kenwood KDC-X493 also includes additional features such as iPod device support (optional KCA-iP500 adapter for older iPods) and support for other portable media players, an ID-3 song tag information display, Bluetooth hands free ready support (optional KCA-BT200 adapter), Satellite (optional KCA-SR50 and Sirius Tuner) and HD radio ready support, and dual external media control capability (with Optional KCA-S220A adapter).
- Mid-grade in-dash CD receiver
- Built-in MOSFET amplifier
- Detachable Faceplate with blue key illumination
- 14 Segment/13-Digit FL Display
- Compatible with MP3, WMA, CD-R/RW with ID3 tag support
- System Q EX Sound Control (6 EQ curves and a 3-band parametric equalizer)
- Front AUX Input with Input Sensitivity Adjust
- Attenuator (-20dB) with Smooth Volume Return
- Front USB 2.0 Input
- FM/AM 24 Station Presets
- iPhone/iPod USB 1-wire Direct Control connection
- Bluetooth, Satellite Radio, iPod, Dual External Media Control & HD Radio Ready
- RMS Output Power: 22W x 4
- Maximum Output Power: 50W x 4
- Comes with remote control
- 2 year limited warranty
User Reviews (1)
preamps for front, rear and subs rated at 4 volts work perfectly with after-market amps
good interface with storage devices through the USB port
CD player handles extremely scratched discs well
most of the controls run through a single knob, easy to work with once you're used to it
unit is fast - very responsive to all commands, starts playing CDs right away, gives access to thumb drives right away
owner's manual is very complex and confusing
easy to select the wrong function while driving
You may also like...