Released April, 2010
The Pros:Looks nice in the dash, very striking. Good control over the sound quality, allows you to tune it effectively. Strong preamp output for external amps.
The Cons:Sound output isn't very loud, often needs to be turned all the way up. Display doesn't show a lot of characters at once. Labels on the buttons are really hard to read day or night.
The Boss 634CA/RDS634CA is a basic 1-DIN CD player and car radio. The following model, the Boss 636CA/RDS636CA, has the same design and features as well as MP3 support. They are otherwise identical, including an active black mask display with illuminated control buttons and a fully detachable front panel for security.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Output runs to 4 channels at 50 watts per channel, and extra amplifiers can be attached through the 5 volt preamp output. A number of functions work to create smooth playback of CD content, including a 1-bit digital-audio converter with 8x oversampling and ESP. Tone can also be adjusted through a number of EQ presets and separate controls for bass and treble.
- Single DIN mounting
- Full detachable front panel
- 5 Volt preamp output
- Active black mask display
- Illuminated control buttons
- PLL synthesized tuner with 24 Station presets
- Switchable USA/Europe radio frequencies
- Front panel auxiliary input
- Compatible with audio output of iPod and other MP3 players
- Quartz digital clock
- CD mute function / Track repeat / Intro scan
- 1 Bit D/A converter / 8X oversampling
- ESP (anti-skip mechanism)
- Preset EQ response curves / Separate bass and treble
- Loudness / Balance and fader controls
- RCA outputs
- Local/distance switches
- Wireless remote control
- Output power: 50w x 4 channels
User Reviews (1)
looks nice in the dash, very striking
good control over the sound quality, allows you to tune it effectively
strong preamp output for external amps
display is easy to read day or night
generally easy to work with, well designed interface
sound output isn't very loud, often needs to be turned all the way up
display doesn't show a lot of characters at once
labels on the buttons are really hard to read day or night
You may also like...